We are women.
We are feminists. We are left of centre. We are Australian. We believe in biological reality.
We believe our ABC should balance its coverage of gender issues.
A woman is an adult human female. Human beings are not clownfish.
What do we want ABC to do?
We support ‘our’ ABC as a publicly funded broadcaster and we support adequate funding for the ABC.
HOWEVER, as women, we are profoundly disappointed in the ABC’s coverage of issues around gender identity ideology, an ideology that harms women and children by
- threatening the survival of women-only service provisions, including prisons, refugees, and victim support and health care services
- justifying the intrusion of men and boys into single-sex spaces aimed at guaranteeing the safety, privacy, and dignity of women and girls
- erasing the category of women’s sport
- reassigning the ‘gender’ of children who do not conform to sex-role stereotypes or wh are diagnosed with gender dysphoria, with subsequent medical interventions that carry a high risk of long-term adverse physical and psychological consequences
- being based on the erroneous notion that humans can change sex: Human beings, unlike some other species such as clownfish, cannot change sex!
“The word “cooee” originates from the Dharug language of Aboriginal Australians in the Sydney area. It means “come here” and has now become widely used in Australia as a call over distances” (Wikipedia)
The Dharug and Dharawal people have a website here with resources about language, culture and history.